I'm thrilled to be holding a residential portrait workshop in the amazing setting of Ponden Hall in Yorkshire along with the wonderful BP prize winning artist Alan Coulson. The course runs from 11th to the 14th September.
Only 6 places are available so please email me soon if you'd like to book your place.
September 11-14, 2017, inclusive
• One-to-one tuition with two of Britain’s leading portrait artists
• Group workshops and life-model portraiture sessions
• Step-by-step coaching in developing a portrait in oils from the model, capturing lighting and mood with photographic reference, then using an indirect method to complete the work (works may be finished after the course with follow-up feedback available)
• Suitable for all levels of ability, including beginners
• 3 nights’ accommodation at historic Ponden Hall, including breakfasts and lunches
All-inclusive price for tuition, accommodation & half-board £1000 per person
PLACES LIMITED TO 6 PAINTERS ONLY, so please don't miss the opportunity to book
For more information contact MaryJane Ansell,
b Shropshire, 1972
Based in the UK , Mary Jane exhibits internationally, with group and solo exhibitions in London, New York, Singapore and LA. Her 7th solo exhibition opens June 2017 at Corey Helford Gallery, Los Angeles. She has featured a number of times in the BP Portrait Award (2004, 2009, 2010 and 2012) Royal Society of Portrait Painters and The Threadneedle Prize. Mary Jane's work also features on the covers of American Art Collector Magazine, International Artist, a number of recent novels, including The Gilly Salt Sisters by New York Times bestselling author Tiffany Baker and on the recently released album: Adam Ant is The BlueBlack Hussar In Marrying The Gunners Daughter. Her works feature in private collections worldwide and in public collections, including the National Portrait Gallery and Brighton and Hove Museums.
b Leeds, 1977
Alan exhibits regularly in both the UK and US, notably at the annual exhibitions of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters, and the prestigious BP Portrait Award at the National Portrait Gallery London, where in 2012 he was awarded third prize for his portrait of Richie Culver. Alan has produced commissioned work for clients including The New York Times Magazine, The Sunday Times Magazine, Bloomberg Markets Magazine, Carlton Books, The Chronicle Review and Club Wembley. He has works in private collections worldwide and is represented by Anthony Brunelli Fine Arts NY. Currently living and working in West Yorkshire.